关于为什么人喜欢玩游戏,这是一个很有意思的问题。This is a very interesting question regarding why people like to play games.
很多人觉得,玩游戏是浪费时间。Many people feel that playing games is a waste of time.
爸爸妈妈可能对孩子说,别玩了,去学习吧。Moms and dads might say to their children, "Stop playing, go study."
老师也可能觉得,玩游戏对学习没有帮助。Teachers might also feel that playing games is no help to learning.
大家觉得游戏只是一件小事。Everyone feels that games are just a small matter.
游戏只是为了高兴,为了休息。Games are just for fun, for resting.
但是,真的是这样吗?But, is that really the case?
有一个写书的人,叫Thi Nguyen。There is a person who writes books named Thi Nguyen.
他写了一本书,叫《The Score》。He wrote a book called "The Score".
他觉得,游戏非常重要。He feels that games are very important.
游戏可以告诉我们,人是怎么做决定的。Games can tell us how humans make decisions.
我们也想知道,为什么我们喜欢玩游戏。We also want to know why we like playing games.
首先,我们来看看什么是游戏。First, let's take a look at what a game is.
游戏里有很多“不能做”的事情。In games, there are many things you "cannot do."
比如说,我们去踢足球。For example, let's go play soccer.
你想把球踢到前面的门里。You want to kick the ball into the goal ahead.
如果你用手拿着球,跑过去,放在门里。If you hold the ball with your hands, run over, and put it in the goal.
你可以很快就做到。You can do it very quickly.
但是,这还是踢足球吗?But, is this still playing soccer?
这不是踢足球。This is not playing soccer.
因为踢足球有一个规则。Because playing soccer has a rule.
这个规则是,你不能用手。This rule is that you cannot use your hands.
你必须用脚。You must use your feet.
用脚踢球,比用手拿球难多了。Kicking the ball with feet is much harder than holding the ball with hands.
因为很难,所以这是一个游戏。Because it is difficult, therefore it is a game.
如果是很容易的事情,这就不是游戏了。If it were a very easy thing, it wouldn't be a game.
这是游戏最有意思的地方。This is the most interesting part of games.
我们在游戏里,自己找苦吃。In games, we ask for trouble ourselves.
我们在游戏里,做很难的事情。In games, we do very difficult things.
在生活中,我们喜欢容易的事情。In life, we like easy things.
我们想坐车,不想走路,因为走路很累。We want to take a car, not walk, because walking is tiring.
我们想买东西,不想自己做,因为自己做很慢。We want to buy things, not make them ourselves, because making them ourselves is slow.
但是在游戏里,我们喜欢“慢”,也喜欢“难”。But in games, we like "slow," and we also like "difficult."
因为当我们做了一件很难的事情,我们会觉得很高兴。Because when we do a very difficult thing, we will feel very happy.
我们会觉得,自己很厉害。We will feel that we are very awesome.
如果在游戏里,你可以随便做什么。If in a game, you could do whatever you want.
那么你就不会觉得高兴了。Then you wouldn't feel happy.
所以,游戏就是给自己很多“困难”。So, games are just giving oneself many "difficulties."
然后,我们努力去解决这些困难。Then, we strive to solve these difficulties.
这让我们觉得生活很有意思。This makes us feel that life is very interesting.
第二,游戏里有分数。Second, there are scores in games.
当你玩游戏的时候,你会看到分数。When you play games, you will see the score.
你打得好,分数就高。If you play well, the score is high.
你打得不好,分数就低。If you play poorly, the score is low.
这些分数是真的钱吗?Are these scores real money?
如果你有一万分,你可以去商店买苹果吗?If you have ten thousand points, can you go to the store to buy apples?
商店的人不要你的游戏分数。The store people don't want your game points.
但是,我们在玩游戏的时候,非常在乎这个分数。However, when we are playing games, we care very much about this score.
我们会为了多拿一分,玩很长时间。We will play for a long time just to get one more point.
我们会为了分数,不吃饭,不睡觉。We will skip eating and sleeping for scores.
虽然分数不是钱,但是我们觉得它很宝贵。Although scores are not money, we feel they are very precious.
这是因为,分数让我们看得很清楚。This is because scores let us see very clearly.
在真的生活里,事情不清楚。In real life, things are not clear.
你工作做得好不好?Did you do your work well or not?
有时候你不知道。Sometimes you don't know.
有时候老板也不知道。Sometimes the boss doesn't know either.
你是不是一个好人?Are you a good person?
这也很难说清楚。This is also hard to say clearly.
但是在游戏里,一切都很清楚。But in games, everything is very clear.
你看一眼分数,就知道自己做得好不好。You take one look at the score, and you know if you did well or not.
你知道你是第一名,还是最后一名。You know if you are first place or last place.
这种“清楚”的感觉,让我们很舒服。This feeling of "clarity" makes us very comfortable.
我们喜欢知道自己做得怎么样。We like knowing how we are doing.
这是我们喜欢玩游戏的另一个原因。This is another reason why we like playing games.
但是,这也是一个问题。However, this is also a problem.
因为现在,我们的生活也越来越像游戏了。Because now, our lives are also becoming more and more like games.
想一想我们的学校。Think about our schools.
在学校里,学生要考试。In school, students have to take exams.
九十分,八十分,六十分。Ninety points, eighty points, sixty points.
这就像游戏里的分数。This is just like scores in games.
老师看成绩,爸爸妈妈也看成绩。Teachers look at grades, moms and dads also look at grades.
如果成绩高,大家就觉得你是一个好学生。If grades are high, everyone feels you are a good student.
如果成绩低,大家就觉得你没学好。If grades are low, everyone feels you didn't learn well.
再想一想我们的工作。Think again about our jobs.
在公司里,也有很多数字。In companies, there are also many numbers.
你卖了多少东西?How many things did you sell?
你赚了多少钱?How much money did you earn?
这些也是分数。These are also scores.
那个写书的人Thi Nguyen,他很担心这件事。That book writer Thi Nguyen, he is very worried about this matter.
他说,现在的世界太像游戏了。He says that the current world is too much like a game.
我们太喜欢看分数了。We like looking at scores too much.
我们忘了,生活比分数更重要。We forgot that life is more important than scores.
比如说,在学校里,学习是为了什么?For example, in school, what is studying for?
是为了考一百分吗?Is it to score one hundred points?
学习是为了认识这个世界。Studying is to know this world.
学习是为了变得更聪明。Studying is to become smarter.
但是,因为我们太喜欢看分数。But, because we like looking at scores too much.
很多学生只为了分数学习。Many students study only for scores.
他们不关心知识是不是有意思。They don't care if knowledge is interesting.
他们只关心考试考什么。They only care about what is on the exam.
这就是把生活变成了游戏。This is turning life into a game.
在工作里也是一样。It's the same in work.
医生看病人,是为了帮助病人身体好。Doctors see patients to help patients get healthy.
但是如果医院只看数字。But if the hospital only looks at numbers.
医生可能会为了数字工作,不为了病人工作。Doctors might work for the numbers, not for the patients.
游戏里的分数很简单。Scores in games are very simple.
但是生活是很复杂的。But life is very complex.
我们不能只看数字。We cannot just look at numbers.
有些东西是数字看不见的。Some things are invisible to numbers.
比如,你爱你的家人,这是多少分?For example, you love your family, how many points is this?
你帮助了朋友,这是多少分?You helped a friend, how many points is this?
你看了一本好书,心里很高兴,这是多少分?You read a good book and felt happy inside, how many points is this?
这些都没有分数。These do not have scores.
但是这些事情,比游戏里的分数更重要。But these things are more important than scores in games.
所以,我们喜欢玩游戏,是因为游戏简单、清楚。So, we like playing games because games are simple and clear.
游戏让我们觉得,只要努力,就能看到结果。Games make us feel that as long as we work hard, we can see results.
这让我们觉得很安全,很高兴。This makes us feel very safe and happy.
但是我们要小心。But we must be careful.
不要把真的生活,也变成简单的游戏。Do not turn real life into a simple game too.
不要只看分数,不看别的东西。Do not only look at scores and not look at other things.
我们刚才说的,其实是关于一本叫《The Score》的书。What we just spoke about is actually regarding a book called "The Score".
这本书告诉我们,为什么人喜欢玩游戏。This book tells us why people like playing games.
是因为我们喜欢在这个清楚的小世界里努力。It is because we like to work hard in this clear little world.
虽然游戏里的困难是我们自己找的,但是解决困难让我们快乐。Although the difficulties in games are what we sought ourselves, solving difficulties makes us happy.
这也告诉我们,不要让简单的分数,代替了复杂的真实生活。This also tells us, do not let simple scores replace complex real life.