说到为什么人们那么喜欢玩游戏,这是一个非常有意思的话题。Speaking of why people like playing games so much, this is a very interesting topic.
很多人觉得玩游戏只是为了放松,或者是为了打发时间。Many people feel that playing games is just for relaxation, or to kill time.
甚至有一些人认为,玩游戏就是在浪费生命,没有任何意义。Some people even think that playing games is wasting life and has no meaning at all.
特别是很多家长,看到孩子天天玩电子游戏,就会觉得很生气,很担心。Especially many parents, seeing their children play video games every day, will feel very angry and worried.
但是,最近有一位哲学家提出了一个完全不一样的看法。However, recently a philosopher proposed a completely different view.
他写了一本关于游戏的书,书的名字叫《分数》。He wrote a book about games, titled "Scores".
他在书里说,游戏其实非常重要,它能让我们更清楚地了解自己。He says in the book that games are actually very important, as they can let us understand ourselves more clearly.
通过游戏,我们可以看到人类是怎么做选择的,以及我们是怎么面对困难的。Through games, we can see how humans make choices, and how we face difficulties.
首先,我们要明白游戏到底是什么。First, we need to understand what a game actually is.
游戏其实就是一种很特别的活动,我们自己主动去接受一些困难。A game is actually a very special activity where we voluntarily accept some difficulties.
在现实生活中,我们通常都希望事情越简单越好,越方便越好。In real life, we usually hope things are as simple as possible, and as convenient as possible.
比如,如果你想把一个球放到篮子里,最简单的办法就是走过去,直接放进去。For example, if you want to put a ball into a basket, the simplest method is to walk over and put it directly in.
但是,在篮球比赛里,你不能这么做。However, in a basketball game, you cannot do that.
你必须站在很远的地方,还要有人防守你,你必须遵守很多规定。You must stand at a far distance, have people guarding you, and you must follow many rules.
这就是游戏最特别的地方:我们故意给自己制造困难。This is the most special part of games: we deliberately create difficulties for ourselves.
我们为什么要这么做呢?Why do we want to do this?
这位哲学家认为,这是因为我们想要体验一种“努力”的过程。This philosopher believes this is because we want to experience a process of "striving".
在游戏里,目标是非常清楚的。In games, the goal is very clear.
你要赢,你要得高分,你要打败怪物。You need to win, you need to get a high score, you need to defeat monsters.
但是在现实生活中,我们的目标往往是不清楚的。But in real life, our goals are often unclear.
我们不知道应该做什么,不知道什么样的生活才是最好的。We don't know what we should do, and don't know what kind of life is the best.
生活里的问题太复杂了,而且很难解决。Problems in life are too complex and very hard to solve.
但是在游戏里,一切都很简单,很清楚。But in games, everything is simple and clear.
只要你遵守规定,努力练习,你就能看到进步,就能得到分数。As long as you follow the rules and practice hard, you can see progress and get points.
这种清楚的感觉,让我们感到非常舒服,也非常满足。This feeling of clarity makes us feel very comfortable and very satisfied.
所以,玩游戏能让我们暂时离开复杂的现实世界,进入一个简单的世界。Therefore, playing games allows us to temporarily leave the complex real world and enter a simple world.
这并不是因为我们懒,而是因为我们想要这种“能够控制一切”的感觉。This is not because we are lazy, but because we want this feeling of "being able to control everything".
这就是这位哲学家说的第一个重点:游戏让我们体验到了自由和控制。This is the first key point this philosopher mentions: games let us experience freedom and control.
但是,这本书还讨论了一个更深刻的问题。However, this book also discusses a more profound issue.
那就是,现在的现实生活,变得越来越像一个游戏了。That is, current real life is becoming more and more like a game.
大家可以想一想我们的学校和工作。Everyone can think about our schools and work.
在学校里,学生们关心的是考试的分数,是排名。In schools, students care about exam scores and rankings.
在公司里,员工们关心的是业绩的数字,是赚钱的多少。In companies, employees care about performance figures and how much money they earn.
在社交网络上,我们关心的是有多少人给我们点赞,有多少人关注我们。On social networks, we care about how many people like our posts and how many people follow us.
这些东西,其实都像是游戏里的“分数”。These things are actually all like "scores" in a game.
这位哲学家提醒我们,这其实是一件很危险的事情。This philosopher reminds us that this is actually a very dangerous thing.
为什么说它危险呢?Why is it dangerous?
因为这些数字和分数,虽然看起来很清楚,很公平,但它们太简单了。Because these numbers and scores, although looking clear and fair, are too simple.
它们把复杂的生活,变成了一个简单的数字。They turn complex life into a simple number.
这就像如果你只看地图走路,你可能会错过路边的风景。This is like if you only look at the map while walking, you might miss the scenery by the road.
这种现象,作者给它起了一个名字,我们可以叫它“价值的迷失”。The author gave this phenomenon a name, which we can call "value confusion".
意思是说,我们太在乎那个数字了,反而忘记了事情原本的意义。It means that we care too much about that number, and instead forget the original meaning of things.
比如说,教育的目的是为了学习知识,为了成为更好的人。For example, the purpose of education is to learn knowledge and to become a better person.
这是一个很复杂、很长期的过程,很难用一个简单的数字来表示。This is a very complex and long-term process, which is hard to represent with a simple number.
但是,因为分数太清楚、太容易看见了,我们就只盯着分数看。But, because scores are so clear and easy to see, we only stare at the scores.
如果一个学生考了高分,我们就觉得他学得好。If a student gets a high score, we feel he learned well.
如果考了低分,我们就觉得他没学好。If he gets a low score, we feel he didn't learn well.
最后的结果是,学生们只是为了考试而学习,而不是为了知识而学习。The final result is that students study only for exams, not for knowledge.
他们可能会去背答案,甚至去作弊,只要能拿到高分就行。They might memorize answers, or even cheat, as long as they can get a high score.
这样一来,教育真正的目的就被忘记了。In this way, the true purpose of education is forgotten.
工作也是一样的情况。Work is also the same situation.
如果一个医生只关心每天看了多少个病人,只关心这个数字。If a doctor only cares about how many patients he sees every day, only caring about this number.
他可能就会看得很通过快,不仔细听病人说话。He might examine them very quickly and not listen carefully to the patients.
因为他的目标变成了“提高数字”,而不是“治好病人”。Because his goal has become "increasing the number", not "curing the patient".
这就是把生活变成游戏的坏处。This is the downside of turning life into a game.
游戏里的分数是假的,是我们为了好玩才设立的。Scores in games are fake, established for the sake of fun.
但是现实生活中的价值是真的,是复杂的。But values in real life are real and complex.
如果我们用玩游戏的态度去过生活,只追求那些简单的数字,我们就会失去很多重要的东西。If we live life with a gaming attitude, only pursuing those simple numbers, we will lose many important things.
我们会变得只关心结果,不关心过程。We will become only concerned with results, not the process.
我们会变得只关心赢,不关心是不是做得对。We will become only concerned with winning, not whether we are doing the right thing.
那位哲学家告诉我们,我们应该明白游戏和生活的区别。That philosopher tells us that we should understand the difference between games and life.
在游戏里,我们可以为了赢不顾一切,因为那只是游戏。In games, we can do anything to win, because it is just a game.
但是在生活里,我们需要更丰富的判断力。But in life, we need richer judgment.
我们需要用自己的心去感受,而不是只用眼睛看数字。We need to use our hearts to feel, rather than just using our eyes to look at numbers.
我们要知道,很多美好的东西,是没有办法用分数来计算的。We need to know that many beautiful things cannot be calculated by scores.
比如你和朋友的感情,你对工作的热爱,你内心的平静。For example, your feelings with friends, your passion for work, and your inner peace.
这些东西都没有分数,也没有排名,但它们才是生活里最重要的。These things have no scores and no rankings, but they are the most important things in life.
所以,当我们玩游戏的时候,我们可以尽情地去追求分数,去享受那种简单的快乐。So, when we play games, we can pursue scores to our heart's content and enjoy that simple happiness.
这能让我们放松,让我们感到有力量。This can let us relax and make us feel powerful.
但是,当我们回到现实生活中,我们要提醒自己。However, when we return to real life, we must remind ourselves.
不要被那些数字困住,不要被别人的评价标准困住。Don't be trapped by those numbers, don't be trapped by others' evaluation standards.
不要让生活变成一场只为了得分的比赛。Don't let life turn into a competition just for scoring points.
我们要学会接受生活的复杂,接受那些不清楚的地方。We must learn to accept the complexity of life and accept those unclear parts.
因为正是这些复杂和不清楚,才让我们的生活变得真实,变得丰富。Because it is exactly these complexities and ambiguities that make our lives real and rich.
这也正是人类和机器最大的区别。This is also the biggest difference between humans and machines.
机器只认识数字,只知道怎么最高效率地完成任务。Machines only recognize numbers and only know how to complete tasks most efficiently.
但是人类有感情,有道德,有对美好的追求。But humans have emotions, morals, and a pursuit of beauty.
所以,下次当你看到自己在为了某个数字而焦虑的时候,可以停下来想一想。So, next time when you see yourself being anxious for a certain number, you can stop and think.
问问自己:我是在过生活,还是在玩游戏?Ask yourself: Am I living life, or am I playing a game?
我是真的在乎这件事,还是只在乎那个分数?Do I really care about this thing, or just that score?
通过思考这些问题,我们也许能找回对自己生活的控制权。By thinking about these questions, we might be able to regain control over our own lives.
这可能就是那位哲学家想要告诉我们的道理。This might be the principle that philosopher wanted to tell us.
游戏是一个很好的老师,它教会我们要努力,要遵守规则。Games are a good teacher; they teach us to strive and to follow rules.
但它也是一面镜子,提醒我们不要迷失在数字的世界里。But it is also a mirror, reminding us not to get lost in the world of numbers.
理解了这一点,我们才能真正地享受游戏,同时也过好我们的生活。Understanding this, we can truly enjoy games while also living our lives well.
希望大家在忙碌的生活中,也能偶尔停下来,想一想自己的目标到底是什么。I hope everyone, in their busy lives, can also occasionally stop and think about what their goals actually are.
不要让简单的数字,代替了你自己复杂的判断。Don't let simple numbers replace your own complex judgment.
保持清醒的头脑,去感受每一个真实的瞬间,这比得高分更重要。Keeping a clear mind to feel every real moment is more important than getting a high score.