大家好,欢迎收听今天的《思维漫游》。Hello everyone, welcome to today's episode of "Mind Wandering."
我是主播李明。I'm your host, Li Ming.
大家好,我是王芳。Hello everyone, I'm Wang Fang.
很高兴又和大家见面了。Great to see you all again.
今天我们要聊的话题,可能正好戳中了很多现代人的痛点。The topic we're discussing today might just hit a sore spot for many modern people.
在这个物质极其丰富的时代,我们拥有的东西越来越多,但为什么快乐却好像越来越少了呢?In this age of extreme material abundance, we own more and more things, but why does happiness seem to be decreasing?
没错,李明。That's right, Li Ming.
我最近也在思考这个问题。I've been thinking about this question recently too.
特别是每次搬家或者大扫除的时候,看着满屋子堆积如山的物品,那种焦虑感真的让人窒息。Especially every time I move or do a big clean-up, looking at the mountains of stuff piled up around the house, that sense of anxiety is truly suffocating.
这就引出了我们今天的主题——极简主义。This brings us to today's topic — minimalism.
提到这个词,很多人第一反应可能就是“扔东西”,或者是那种家徒四壁、只有一张床的房间。When people hear this word, their first reaction is probably "throwing things away," or picturing a bare room with nothing but a bed.
很多人对极简主义有误解,觉得它是一种苦行僧式的修行。Many people misunderstand minimalism, thinking it's some kind of ascetic practice.
但实际上,极简主义的核心并不是“越少越好”,而是“只保留最让自己心动的”。But in reality, the core of minimalism isn't "the less the better," but rather "only keep what truly sparks joy."
日本著名的杂物管理咨询师山下英子提出的“断舍离”概念,其实就是一种极简主义的体现。The famous Japanese decluttering consultant Hideko Yamashita proposed the concept of "Danshari" — which is essentially a form of minimalism.
断绝不需要的东西,舍弃多余的废物,脱离对物品的执念。Cut off things you don't need, discard excess clutter, and free yourself from attachment to possessions.
但是王芳,你知道吗?But Wang Fang, did you know?
知易行难啊。It's easier said than done.
我们为什么会忍不住买买买?Why can't we resist the urge to keep buying?
这背后其实有深刻的心理学原因。There's actually a deep psychological reason behind this.
是因为多巴胺吗?Is it because of dopamine?
当我们浏览购物网站,看到那些琳琅满目的商品时,大脑会分泌多巴胺,让我们产生一种期待的快感。When we browse shopping websites and see all those dazzling products, our brain releases dopamine, giving us a sense of anticipatory pleasure.
下单的那一瞬间,这种快感达到顶峰。The moment we place an order, this pleasure peaks.
可是等到快递拆开,东西随手一扔,那种快乐很快就消失了,取而代之的是钱包变瘪的空虚感。But once the package is opened and the item is tossed aside, that happiness quickly fades, replaced by the emptiness of a thinner wallet.
这就是典型的消费主义陷阱。This is the classic consumerism trap.
商家通过广告创造需求,让我们觉得“只要拥有了这个商品,我就能成为更好的人”。Businesses create demand through advertising, making us think "as long as I own this product, I'll become a better person."
比如说,买了跑步机就觉得自己会变成运动健将,买了Kindle就觉得自己会博览群书。For example, buying a treadmill makes you think you'll become an athlete, or buying a Kindle makes you think you'll read extensively.
跑步机成了晾衣架,Kindle成了泡面盖。The treadmill becomes a clothes rack, and the Kindle becomes a noodle lid.
所以,极简主义的第一步,其实是审视自己的欲望。So the first step of minimalism is actually examining your own desires.
我们需要问自己:我到底是为了物品本身的功能而买,还是为了填补内心的空虚而买?We need to ask ourselves: am I buying this for the item's actual function, or to fill an inner void?
除了物质上的极简,我觉得在信息爆炸的今天,“数字极简”也同样重要。Beyond material minimalism, I think in today's information explosion era, "digital minimalism" is equally important.
李明,你每天花多少时间刷手机?Li Ming, how much time do you spend on your phone each day?
哎,不说也罢。Oh, don't even get me started.
有时候明明只想看个天气预报,结果一不小心就刷了一个小时的短视频。Sometimes I just want to check the weather forecast, but accidentally end up scrolling through short videos for an hour.
信息过载让我很难集中注意力。Information overload makes it very hard for me to concentrate.
这种“信息肥胖症”现在非常普遍。This "information obesity" is extremely common nowadays.
我们的注意力被各种碎片化的信息切割得支离破碎。Our attention is fragmented into pieces by all kinds of scattered information.
所以,清理手机里的APP,取关那些只会制造焦虑的公众号,也是一种极简。So clearing out apps from your phone and unfollowing those accounts that only create anxiety is also a form of minimalism.
与其把时间浪费在关注别人的生活上,不如把精力收回来,专注当下的体验。Rather than wasting time following other people's lives, it's better to redirect your energy and focus on the present moment.
我最近尝试了周末“断网”半天,感觉非但没有错过什么重要大事,反而心情平静了很多。I recently tried going offline for half a day on weekends, and I found I didn't miss anything important — in fact, I felt much more at peace.
这其实就是极简主义带来的最大红利——自由。This is actually the biggest dividend that minimalism brings — freedom.
当我们不再被物品和信息绑架,我们才能腾出时间和空间,去追求真正重要的事情,比如陪伴家人、发展爱好,或者仅仅是发呆。When we're no longer held hostage by possessions and information, we can free up time and space to pursue what truly matters, like spending time with family, developing hobbies, or simply daydreaming.
说到这里,我想聊聊一个很现实的问题。Speaking of which, I want to discuss a very practical issue.
很多人在整理东西时,总觉得“这个东西虽然现在不用,但万一以后用得着呢?Many people, when organizing their things, always think "I don't use this now, but what if I need it someday?"
”或者是“这个东西买的时候很贵,扔了太可惜”。Or "this was expensive when I bought it, it would be a waste to throw it away."
这就是经济学里说的“沉没成本谬误”。This is what economists call the "sunk cost fallacy."
我们因为过去投入的金钱或时间,而强行保留不再产生价值的东西,结果反而占据了我们现在的空间和心力。Because of the money or time we've invested in the past, we force ourselves to keep things that no longer produce value, which ends up occupying our current space and mental energy.
这里有一个很实用的判断标准:如果是现在这一刻的你,还会愿意花同样的钱买下这件东西吗?Here's a very practical standard for judgment: if the current you were to buy this item again, would you still be willing to pay the same price?
如果答案是否定的,那就说明它已经完成了历史使命,可以离开了。If the answer is no, then it has completed its historical mission and can be let go.
哪怕它曾经很贵,但如果它现在只会给你带来负担,那它的价值其实是负数。Even if it was once expensive, if it only brings you burden now, its value is actually negative.
极简生活不是目的,而是一种工具。A minimalist life isn't the goal itself, but rather a tool.
它是为了让我们从繁杂的琐事中解脱出来,获得内心的秩序感。It's meant to free us from the complexity of trivial matters and give us a sense of inner order.
正如建筑大师密斯·凡·德·罗所说的,“少即是多”。As the architectural master Mies van der Rohe said, "Less is more."
去除多余的装饰,才能显露建筑的本质;去除生活的杂质,才能看清生命的本真。Remove the excess decoration to reveal the essence of architecture; remove life's impurities to see the true nature of existence.
对于想要尝试极简生活的朋友,你有什么具体的建议吗?For friends who want to try minimalist living, do you have any specific suggestions?
我觉得可以从“微习惯”开始。I think you can start with "micro-habits."
比如,每天扔掉或者捐赠一件不需要的东西;或者实行“进一出一”的原则,买一件新衣服,就必须处理掉一件旧衣服。For example, throw away or donate one unnecessary item every day; or implement the "one in, one out" rule — buy a new piece of clothing, and you must get rid of an old one.
这个建议很实用。That's very practical advice.
不要试图一天之内把家里清空,那样会反弹的。Don't try to empty your house in one day — that will lead to a rebound.
慢慢来,去感受每一次舍弃带来的轻松感。Take it slow, and feel the sense of lightness that comes with each act of letting go.
生活是自己的,不要为了极简而极简,不要为了这种标签去强迫自己。Life is your own — don't pursue minimalism just for the sake of minimalism, and don't force yourself just for the label.
找到让自己最舒服的那个平衡点,才是最重要的。Finding the balance point where you feel most comfortable is what matters most.
非常感谢王芳今天的分享。Thank you so much for sharing today, Wang Fang.
听完这期节目,我也打算回家清理一下我的书桌了。After listening to this episode, I'm also planning to go home and clean up my desk.
哈哈,行动起来吧。Haha, take action!
希望大家都能在做减法的过程中,给人生做加法。I hope everyone can enrich their lives by subtracting from them.
感谢大家的收听,我们下期《思维漫游》再见。Thank you for listening, and we'll see you next time on "Mind Wandering."